Here is the short and sweet of it. I was living outside of Pittsburgh when I went to my first group yoga class, that was over eighteen years ago but I can remember that savasana like it was yesturday! From then on I sought out yoga to find wellness, community and grounding for myself. It went this way for many years, different styles of yoga, studios and teachers. While living overseas I was introducted to and began practicing yoga inspired by Vanda Scaravelli, this is the practice that opened me to my first yoga teacher training. When I’m not teaching I enjoy playing tennis, and taking long walks. I have lived in Oklahoma City Oklahoma, Dallas and Houston Texas, Sewickley Pennsylvania, Calgary Canada, Balikpapan Indonesia, Dubai United Arab Emirates, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia and currently live in my home town of Rapid City, SD.
I am registered with the Yoga Alliance.
What I Teach
- Integrative Yoga: is a spine centered practice inspired by the teachings of Vanda Scaravelli. Integrative Yoga is about ‘yielding’ in movement to make ‘space’ for the vast, ever present intelligence within.
- Yin Yoga: is a slow-paced style of yoga with postures held for longer periods of time, it is a functional practice has its roots in Taoism. Yin is a complement to more active forms of yoga and exercise.
- Yoga Tune Up®: is a creative and playful format of self-care and self-knowing devoloped by Jill Miller. It borrows the best practices from yoga, corrective movement and self-massage. Enabling you to explore the bits of you unrevealed and pieces lost in repetition, so you can guide your whole body with more skill in yoga and thru this human life.
- RYT 200 hr Yogashakti Integrative Yoga with Shilpa Ghatalia
- Dancing Spine with Paddy McGrath
- Guiding the Quiet Revolution with Richard Gartner
- Yoga Tune Up® Integrated Embodied Anatomy with Sarah Court DPT
- 100hr With-Yin Yoga under SabastianPucelle and Muriel Burellier
- Yoga Tune Up® Certification Training with Jill Miller
“Through Milidi’s Yoga instruction I have found a pathway to help soften my external and internal environments, so I can focus on myself. The passion and dedication she has for her craft instantly put me at ease and helped me understand that Yoga doesn’t have to be just a physical exercise.”
“Milidi is observant and knowledgeable. She thoughtfully guided me thru poses that targeted my concerns as a mature woman with multiple sports injuries and moved me thru poses that addressed the sticking points in my body. We adjusted how I sit and I can now meditate in comfort, that is huge for me!”
“Milidi is a dedicated Yin practitioner and teacher. I feel very grateful to have stumbled into her class and would recommend her teaching to anyone seeking a more balanced and connected life.”